Wednesday, August 25, 2010

GOSSIP!



Let’s face it we all like a little gossip on the occasion. There is very harmless gossip as in finding out your friend is getting engaged before she is or there is downright nasty gossip that can not only hurt someone but there reputation as well. And boy do I have a story for you, I was having my training session the other week when a women who is regularly at the gym at the same time most mornings walked by I notice my trainer get very quiet for a moment and looking uncomfortable. “You ok” I asked she looked perplex for a second then said “ No actually I’m a little pissed off” Then proceeded to tell me that the lady who had just walked past had started a rumour that something was going on between herself and another staff member at the gym. I was like oh honey that’s not bad don’t stress about that. She said “Oh I forgot to mention that she rang the man in questions wife” well this was a definitely a WTF moment.

I try to stay out of gym gossip as my gym is a very tight knit bunch and if you get pulled into the rubbish that goes on in there you get consumed by it. I have seen it happen before with people in the gym that they won’t go to that gym anymore they go to one of the other gyms in the area cause they now are in a uncomfortable situation.

So you’re probably wondering how this woman came to this conclusion and it’s quite simple my trainer and this guy train together on the occasion. That’s right people they trained together. Now if this is the case I am having it on with a lot of guys in the gym and a few girls for that matter, I’m not a huge girl and I need to have people assist me if I’m on the chest press. I do try to assist people too but as I said to a guy in the gym the other day who was pressing 100kg that if this falls on you the best I can do is call for help and watch you struggle. Back to my trainer, she said that she will train with anyone boy or girl if they are training at the same time as her as sometimes having a buddy will push you harder. The thing that really gets me is that, firstly this woman has a set to ring this man’s wife and say this. Apart from the fact this is highly inappropriate but this poor woman was sitting at home wondering what was going on with her husband. I don’t care what your relationship is like if you got a phone call from someone saying your partner was getting it on with someone else you would be upset as well. Obviously when he got home he was confronted with what was said to her, he handled it really well and explained the same thing as I said if I was sleeping with everyone I trained with I would never have time for my fiancé.

I feel terrible for my trainer as she has to be very professional at work and it isn’t in her best interest to confront this lady, I suggested hitting the emergancy stop on the treadmill when she was on it and watch her fly off, I even offered to do it for her. Anyone who knows my trainer knows she is an amazing lady who is completely professional and has never had a a bad word to say about anyone. The thing is that if this gossip had esculated my trainers reputation would be tarnished, I live in the Sutherland Shire and everyone knows everyone business so this could have been very damaging not just personally but professionally.

So if anyone who read this blog is in the business of starting rumors or getting involved in them. Think about the reprecussions of your actions, this isn’t high school anymore it’s not just reputations that can be at stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment