Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can A Blog Change Your Life?



The answer is apparently YES! As I mentioned when I started to blog I did this cause I felt that I had things to say and it may be of interest to people and off I went. I have not held back on any of my blogs I have given my opinion whether it be good or bad. I have opened up about things that I hold near and dear and share stories from my family. This has been a really great experience for me and my creative side, I was always scared I thought I loss that when I gave up hairdressing full time.

I didn’t really know how many people read my little blog as I only officially have 4 followers (Please join up to follow me) but I started getting a huge amount of private messages through Facebook, email and texts. Some people don’t always feel like commenting on a wall post especially some that have been as personal as mine. I have had people who I have known for years that I had no idea had gone through things that I had. I also had a message that a person went and used the Botox place I recommended and loved it. My best friend told me they loved me after my blog about them and Corrine has been at the gym 2 days this week so we can see each other.

These really made me feel good about my blog, but there is 2 people I was to talk about who have meant the most to me by sending me a email. It wasn’t until yesterday I received an email from an American lady (Yes I have gone International) she had gotten onto my blog through a friend of hers who was put onto it by someone else. The one thing with my blog I have no idea who reads it as I don’t have a tracker or who looks at it or not. Anyway back to this amazing girl, she said she has been reading my blog daily and has really touched her. She suffered an eating disorder for years trying to get to a place that she was happy, that place never happen which is a common with people with severe eating disorders. She confessed that she was so bad that she use to stand in the shower and run on the spot to burn calories. She has had Botox to feel younger and to break my heart a little further she and he now husband are on their 4th round of IVF trying to get pregnant the years of damage she did to herself. She goes in and out of depression and beats herself up on how she could have stopped this. Responding to this email was such a hard thing as I’m not a councillor or am able to give her any type of advice. I won’t go into what I responded to her with but it was full of positive information and have told her to email me when she want if she needs to talk.

The second person I wanted to talk about is a lady I actually know! I met this lovely lady through a mutual friend and she sent me a message that she has been trying to lose weight since having her 2nd child and is getting nowhere and feels terrible about talking to people as she feels like a broken record. She needed someone like I needed when I started on my downward spiral into a mild eating disorder. She read my blog and was hoping for some advice on eating and exercise and support. I referred her to read my best friends Lizzie’s FIT blog (You can find this on blog spot) I have been clear that I am no expert on losing weight but am more than happy to give her tips on what works for me and email and text her regularly letting her know that I am here for her and she can call me when she feels like chucking it in. I am more than happy to do this for anyone that needs this.

Everyone’s posts, comments, emails and texts mean the world to me and make writing this blog worth wild. If people can walk away from any of my blogs feeling better about themselves then my job is done.

I would like to end this blog with a quote from the beautiful Emma Pilcher, Believe in yourself (cause I sure do)

Note: Both women who I have written about in this blog have approve of me writing about them. I would like to dedicate this to them as they inspired this blog from me. Xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hey hun,

    If you want this arvo i can show you some good gadgets to add to your blog so that you know how many people are reading it, where they are getting referred to it from and that kinda stuff. It's dead easy (even i figured out how to do it!) and it will only be visible to you xx

    ReplyDelete