Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What Classifies As To Skinny?????


So as I have mentioned in previous blogs I have been trying to lose some weight before the wedding in February. Now I have been quiet successful and am pretty much close to what I feel is what I would like to be for the wedding. Now this has been through a whole lot of hard work and exercise to get me to this point. Now I haven’t deprived myself of anything I want I have just been eating right, lower carbohydrate intake and for me I have cut out a lot of wheat. (I react to go to gluten quiet badly if I eat to much and it make me retain a lot of water) So I have been feeling quiet good about myself and proud that I have done this without going crazy and going down any path of eating disorders or so on.

So I have been feeling good about myself until the other day at work. I was in our lunch room eating my salad sitting across from a lady who works with me and she says to me “Danielle have you lost weight?” My response was yes. I was feeling good someone had noticed that I had lost weight and was ready for my compliment. (I know lame and yes at that point selling tickets on myself) But no there was no compliment there was the following comment “Well your looking really thin! Almost sick” Well I know this wasn’t to be rude this comment came out of concern. So I was a little taken aback by this so I’ll admit that I went to check myself out in the mirror to see if I had any bones sticking out or looked like a lolly pop head. Nope everything seemed in proportion I was wearing tailored pants and a lose fitted top. So I could say it was maybe say that this was my thin clothes and maybe make me thinner. So I brushed off the comment and went on with my day. Now I have had comments about my weight loss especially from my partner “Your too skinny” or “What’s this?” That would be my hip darling? You seriously went to uni? Now firstly Joe doesn’t like change and sometimes I think he doesn’t look at my body. Not in a bad way but I don’t think he intently looks at my body and then one day he will take notice. So I tend to disregard what Joe says a bit about my body cause well he’s a boy.

So today I have come to work really tired I did a two 13 hour days and I could barely pull my sorry ass out of bed. So had to go up to the same ladies office to speak with another lady and she called out to me to say hi. This comment follows “Danielle you are shrinking in front of my eyes and you look exhausted!” Well if I knew that but thanks for pointing it out to me. Now this lovely lady and she really is sits me down and talks to me about maybe having some time off to recuperate and is truly interested in my health which is a really lovely thing as I have worked in places that I have don’t care if you’re sick or well you are expected to show up and do your job and not complain. So after this comment I thought I haven’t weighed myself in a while I might go have a look at my weight. Well figured out what the deal is, I have lost 5kg my aim was 3kg and I have lost 5. So I understand where the concern comes from as 5kg from my fame is quite a lot.

So back to my original question what classifies as too skinny. Now I am not talking about Donatella Versace’s daughter thin cause that looks terrible I mean at what point do we stop? Now it is hard for the people losing weight as I don’t really notice the difference (Well except for my 2xu tights cause those boys are like a second skin on me) It’s easy for us to say to one another you don’t need to lose weight and you look fine. But at what point do we sit one another down and say you are looking really thin. Now I love this women for checking that I was ok and she has done it in such a nice way that I didn’t feel threatened or upset. I still don’t think that I am border line anorexic or anything and I am probably happy where I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment