Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Bucket List




So I woke up this morning at the stupid hour of 5:15am and one of the first things I do is check my phone. I’m a bit of a nanna and am asleep early as I get up really early and there is a text from my mum that says “At the hospital they think your nanna has had a stroke” Well not the kind of text that I usually wake up to. Now I have to say this is no big surprise my nanna is in her late 80’s and has been unwell for a while so we have all been waiting for this text or call saying she has taken a turn for the worst.

Now after a few phone calls at a more reasonable hour I have found out that my Nan had a mini stroke and she seems to be ok but will need to be kept in for observation.

So this had me thinking today that life is very short and we need to make the most of it. So I have created my bucket list, things I want to do or see before I die. Some of these things are already being for filled at the moment but I have added them anyway.

• Walk the Inca Trail. This is a mountainous jungle hike leading to the sacred Inca city of Machu Picchu. The 45km trek is usually covered in 4 days.
• Go to Africa on safari
• Marry the man that I love with all my heart (Doing that one in February)
• Have children
• Back pack around Europe
• Get my motorcycle license
• Go to Glastonbury
• Learn French and Italian (That should be interesting)
• Go to university
• Be 70 years old and playing bingo with my 3 best friends



So what’s your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment