Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Taking Responsibilities For Our Actions.



I woke up this morning to find I had a few missed calls from a friend of mine. I gave her a call back this morning to see what was up. This friend works for a company that is technically employed by myself and other people who live in my block. She doesn’t have anything to do with myself or block in her day to day work. Now I haven’t had a great relationship with the person who looks after us from her company nor has 90% of the people who live in our block.

In the recent months the residents of our block recently came to the decision that we would terminate our contract with this company as we have felt that the women who takes care of our block has done things that are not only are not in the interest of our block but unethical. Last week the residents had a meeting to make the decision of what we would do and the women in question was to attend. The unfortunate part of this meeting it probably came 1 year to late as on the night people were quiet angry at the treatment of the people in the block and made the distaste very clear to this women. It wasn’t the way I would have like the meeting to have gone down but I can’t control what other people think or the way they act. When the vote was taken it came that the contact was voted to be terminated.

So we thought that the situation was done and dusted well that was until my friend gave me a call. My friend has 2 small children and only works limited hours. When she arrived at work last night some accusations had been made against her saying she was involved in our lot leaving her company. Now firstly I would like to add 1 person in our block was aware I have a friend who worked there and secondly I made sure I kept my friend out of this as it wasn’t her problem nor was it my place to put her in a awkward position. But all this is besides the point.

This women who represented the company wasn’t doing her job and when this happens you can lose your job or in this case lose work. Now the smart thing would have been for this women to take reasonability for her actions. Not pass the buck because what happens when we do this is that a lie will only hold for so long. When you are incompetent at your job it only takes so long for people to realise that your useless and then after that your bosses.

In life we all do stupid things, I don’t think I know one person who hasn’t and most people freely admit to this. It’s the way we handle things in this situation which define the person we are but finger pointed and shifting the blame doesn’t work. Now the thing that really upsets me about this situation is my friend is amazing at her job I have known her for nearly 10 years now and I would hate to think that the actions of this women could affect her career as she has done absolutely nothing wrong and now has to try resolve the situation.

So next time you make a mistake or you know you are doing the wrong thing instead of pointing the finger at people how about taking some responsibilities for your actions karma will surely reward it for you later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment