Monday, July 26, 2010

Why Blog.

Why Blog? This was a question I asked myself before deciding to set up a blog about myself and my experiences in life
Especially relating to health, beauty and lifestyle, a few years ago around the time of the trend of Nicole Richie being super thin and having weight loss battles with Lindsey Lohan I found myself starting to get very consumed with this weight loss business and looking at myself as someone who needed to start to lose weight
So with saying this for people who don’t know me, My height is 167cm weight was about 68kg
Now in no way am I saying I was overweight but I started to feel the pressure of being thin
I am a hairdresser by trade and my industry is full of beautiful thin people
Working on photo shoots with tall glamazon models didn’t help my case either
All I knew is that I was unhappy with my weight and the way I was, so I came to the decision that I wanted to do something about it so the obvious choice was starting to exercise and eating healthy, sounds easy right? Not so, hairdressers are notorious for eating terrible and eating what’s on hand this is in between clients and it’s always rubbish, soft drink, coffee fast food. Need to eat what you can get your hands on and that has no prep time
The first week was the worst caffeine withdrawals were the worst I was averaging 3 coffees a day and god knows how may cokes I would drink, the headaches were the worst but once I got through that it wasn’t too bad, I started losing weight slowly but this wasn’t fast enough for me
Every time I open a magazine Nicole Richie had lost another 5kg and I was sitting on a stupid 500 grams
So this set into motion a large amount of yoyo dieting and border line eating disorder did I mention this also prompted me to buy most skin care products that the stars were using? You must really think I’m crazy
All I can say is my poor boyfriend (Now fiancé if you can believe that) put up with me for 3 years during this period of time, I am a very lucky lady to have him
So back to my original question why blog? As I am in a better place in my life I feel that my experience may help people in their weight loss, choosing products for hair and skin that will work for them and life style choices

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere!! (It's Lizzie by the way...)

    ReplyDelete