Monday, July 26, 2010

To Botox or Not to Botox

So I figure if I’m going to blog I better be truthful. Hi my name is Danielle Banister and I’m 26 years old and I have Botox.
There I said it, wasn’t so hard did I add I was 24 when I started?

Now the question you may ask yourself is why would a 24 year old get botox? All I can answer is for is why the 24 year old me got Botox.
Simply really a the frown lines and crow’s feet that had taken up residence on my face. I had noticed over time that I had slowly gotten these from years of being in a constant frown (you need to meet my old boss to understand) that I had many of a line on my face and I wasn’t super happy about it but in my head I would be 40 when I would have had botox done, this is not the case
I have been having laser hair removal for a few months and had gone in for a routine appointment with my therapist I remember looking at her and thinking god you look amazing so I asked have you been away you look really good,
Her response was what day is it? I said Friday “oh she says no it’s been 5 days since I have had my botox” Now I would like to add my therapist is 12 months younger than me and is a nurse
So I enquired into why she is getting botox done as she is young and beautiful and doesn’t need it (of course she doesn’t I’m looking at the final product) she then goes to explain that the muscles in our face are like the muscle in our body, we do weights we run for miles to make our muscles and body look a certain way, this applies to our face too.
Now we can’t exactly put a dumbbell on our forehead and start raising our eyebrows to strengthen the muscles in our face can we, instead we frown and laugh to shape our face have small amounts of botox put in our face freezes the muscles to stop these lines from becoming deep and set in and train the muscles to not become so indented.
Now I don’t know about you but me I’m not down with these line on my forehead and by no means do I want to look like Jocelyn Wildenstein but I would like these lines to be a little less obvious, so I asked can I do it so I can still have movement in my face and have facial expression to which my therapist explain of course.
Women who hit 40 and decide to go for botox have 40 years of wrinkles to banish, they get so pumped up with it they lose all expression and end up with a terrible looking face they don’t listen to their doctor/nurse.
Me on the other hand did I made my appointment and came back in 3 weeks to be prodded and probed if you will. A rule to botox, no drinking within 48 hours prior or post botox, SO NO GETTING SMASHED! Before we started a photo was taken on my face with me pulling all funny facial expressions so my therapist knew where to prod and probe then my face was marked with a little black marker into the places that needed botox injected and finally my face was iced down to numb the pain. WARNING! Botox Hurts! I won’t sugar coat it you are being stabbed in the face with a needle. My forehead was only slightly numb for about half an hour or so but all the pain subsided. It took about 7 days for the botox to take effect but I was very happy with how it went. People did comment that I was “looking well” I only need to have this done once every 6 months or so. For $300 I think it’s totally worth the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment