Monday, February 21, 2011

What’s Your Poison?


I was in the lunch room yesterday discussing different type of exercise and what gets us motivated. Me I am a runner, I love to run and I have gotten quiet good at it. I get up at 5am and go running, I can run anywhere between 16 – 20 km in the morning now. It has taken me a while to get up to this and getting the timing right to do it in the morning. Now when I was explaining this to people I work with I was looked at like I had 2 heads. (I don’t for the record)

From this we got talking about what are peoples poisons when it comes to exercise. 2 of my work colleagues are both bike riders and one of them likes to swim. Now me can’t swim to save my life, well I can but I am not a super strong swimmer nor is it something that I enjoy. Ian Thorpe said he found nothing more boring than staring at the black line that at the bottom of the pool. And I can’t swim in the ocean for long periods of time as I am scared of sharks but have an odd fascination with them at the same time. I am happy to ride a bike as I can listen to my ipod and I guess that’s why I like to run. Music really motivates me and gets me through my work out. My big tip if you want to stay motivated while you run is get yourself a great playlist.

So what is your poison, what exercise do you love makes people look at you like your crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment