Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Wedding Freak Out!



So I know I haven’t blogged in a while, I have been super busy at work and obviously that takes priority. I have also realised this is a good thing as once I have stopped and thought about the wedding I have realised that I am getting married. I know what you are thinking that I have had 14 months to think about this but it has only really hit me on the weekend and I will explain why.

It all started on Friday night, I met with my Uncle who is the MC for the wedding and we started to work through the run sheet for the wedding. May I add the timing on my run sheet was a freaking nightmare! The wedding would be going to 2am if we went off my run sheet. So that was all very nerve racking. On the Saturday I had my hair trial, now I must admit I love getting my hair done. After years of being a hairdresser where you are the person doing the hair and being the last one to get your hair done and it’s always a rushed job. But nope it all started getting a little to real for me! And all I can say is thank god the veil wasn’t there as I would have been beside myself. I must admit I have to thank Lorna she played solitaire while I did her hair for her wedding to stop her from freaking out. So I played angry birds! I am a bit obsessed with that game.

Now my hair was beautiful and I didn’t look like a tranny which is always a plus. Carly did such an amazing job of it as I knew she would but the nerves just hit me like a tonne of bricks. Didn’t help I picked the fascinator up that night!

But the icing on the cake was Saturday night, our best man arrived from London. Now when Dan comes to visit Joe and I just lose our minds as we don’t get to see him all that often and we just love having him hear. But as we stood in the airport monkey balloon in hand waiting for him to get off the plane it just hit me. Dan is here and he is here for our wedding! He is here for our wedding! I think Joe and I just looked at each other and realised OMG we are getting married!

So yes I am in the middle of a wedding freak out, now to answer any questions you may be thinking, Yes I do want to marry Joe and no I won’t go running from the church screaming. Weddings are very overwhelming experience, you feel a tonne of feelings mostly love and fear wrapped up in a package.

So my hope for the next two weeks leading up to our special day is that my friends help Joe and I get through the day and enjoy it. As we really do want to get married we just need to figure out all the emotions that come along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment