Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Getting Into The Christmas Cheer



So apologies I haven’t blogged for a while but I haven’t had the inspiration to blog about anything. Oh and I am getting slammed at work and by the time I get home I’m to tired to try write.

But I am starting to get inspired to blog about some things and I thought as were coming into Christmas I would blog about my lack or Christmas cheer.

Over the last ten years or so I have not been particularly keen on Christmas, I have no reason for my dislike for it and Christmas hasn’t done anything to piss me off but it just seems to be something I really can’t be bothered with. I think I missed out on the Christmas cheer gene, my mum loves Christmas. Our house looks like something out of the Griswolds with tonnes of Christmas gear all over the place. Both my sisters like Christmas but I think that’s partly due to the fact that they have children so the kids get excited for Santa’s visit (Don’t ask any of them to sit on Santa’s knee as there not really down with that) But my sisters have to do all the stuff like eat the cookies that are left out and nibble on the carrots that are for the reindeer.

I don’t really like the present aspect either, I am at the age that I make enough money that if I want something I buy it and thinking of ideas for presents that people can buy me just does my head . Oh and I hate buying Christmas presents as well, now I do not begrudge buying my family presents especially my nieces and nephew cause it gives me an excuse to go into TOY R US and remember the days that I would beg my mum for a new Polly Pocket. But the crowds are so frustrating and people seem to turn into complete idiots the minute they walk through the sliding doors of the shops.

My poor fiancé who really likes Christmas is stuck with this scrooge of a fiancé who hates doing the Christmas tree as there are more pressing things to do with my time then this like online shopping.

But I do have to admit there is a few things I do like, firstly I like that it’s a day off from work. Let’s face it we all do. I also like the food it the one day of the year that everyone goes all out and you eat like it’s your last meal on earth. But the big thing I love is that I see my family, it’s one of the few days that we are all together including my cousins and Auntie’s and Uncles and this year especially as it’s my sister who lives in Bega’s year to be in Christmas so I get to see her, my brother in law my one and only nephew who calls me Roxy and the beautiful little Amelie who has just started to walk.

So maybe I am not a scrooge I may just be a selective Christmas goer who would just likes little aspects of this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment